Sunday, December 29, 2013

How to use WaterMelon as natural Medicine?

Watermelon is not only delicious, but also healthy. It has many amazing medicinal properties, and it can be used as a natural remedy for many health problems.

Watermelon is one of the best-loved fruits among kids and adults alike. On a hot summer day, nothing can be more refreshing and soothing than a crunchy, juicy slice of cool watermelon! But did you know that it is a nutritional powerhouse? Yes, even though watermelon contains 92 percent water, the remaining 8 percent is filled with essential nutrients that your body needs. The nutritional value of watermelon is not just limited to its flesh, but even its seeds and the rind are amazingly rich in nutrients. Not surprisingly, it does offer numerous health benefits as well. The nutrients present in watermelon can really help in fighting and preventing many diseases naturally. Given below are a few medicinal uses of watermelon. Have a look.

Watermelon Slices

Medicinal uses of Watermelon

High blood pressure: Drink 3 cups of watermelon juice everyday. This is very much beneficial for lowering blood pressure as 100 grams of watermelon juice contains a mere 1mg of sodium and 95mg of potassium.

Diabetes: Watermelon is highly recommended for diabetics as it is quite effective in controlling blood sugar levels. Many people believe that the watermelon being high in sugar is not good for diabetic patients; but actually it’s a misconception.

Gout: Eat nothing but watermelon for two days. Watermelon will cleanse the body from the accumulated uric acid.

Kidney Cleanse: Fasting with watermelon for a day or two will also help cleanse your kidneys.
Cardiac disorders: Eat watermelon on a regular basis to fight off cardiovascular disease. Moreover, drinking 1 glass of watermelon is the best way to treat heartburn.

Vomiting and Nausea: Have a couple of glasses of watermelon juice on an empty stomach.

Dysentery and Intestinal infections: To get rid of these problems, just eat fresh watermelon several times a day.

Constipation: Consume three cups of watermelon juice everyday.

Skin blemishes and skin fungi: Rub watermelon rind on your skin gently several times a day, wait for about 10 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water. The peel is said to have amazing anti-fungal

Wrinkled skin: Mix 2 tbsp of watermelon juice with 1 tbsp of wheat or oatmeal, and then apply the mixture directly on face and neck. Wait for 15 minutes before rinsing it off with water.

Kidney stones: Mix 1/4 of a cup of watermelon seeds to a glass of water in the blender. Drink 3 glasses of it everyday.

Adenoma of prostate: Eat 2 kg of fresh watermelon daily or have one to two cups of fresh juice at least 4 times a day. To increase effectiveness, you can mix the watermelon juice with carrot juice.

Atherosclerosis: Researchers at the University of Kentucky have found that watermelon juice can lower cholesterol levels, body fat, and most importantly, reduce the risk of atherosclerosis.

Inflammation of the colon: Add 100g of dried & chopped watermelon rinds to about two cups of boiling water, and infuse until it’s cool. Take half cup of it 4 times a day.

Headache, Migraine: Watermelon juice is a proven remedy for headache. Simply take the pulp of watermelon and filer it nicely using a thin cloth. Put this filtered juice in a glass jar. Now, mix it with some sugar and take it in morning to get relief from headache. You can also apply watermelon rind to forehead to soothe a headache.

Worms: Mix dried minced watermelon seeds with milk in a ratio of 1:10. Have 2 cups of this mixture between meals everyday.

Alternatively, you can take 100 grams of fresh crushed seeds, pour 1 liter of cold water into it, and boil this on low heat for about 45 minutes. It is recommended to take 1 cup of this mixture 3 times a day.

Hemorrhoids: Having fresh watermelon juice is one of the most effective natural cures for hemorrhoids.

Image Source:


Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More